On February 28th 1928 the 11th Hove Scout Group was registered with the Scout Headquaters.
The Scout Master was The Rev. H.T. Mogridge, by September of the same year 24 scouts had joined the group.
Towards the end of 1928 the Cub Pack was attached to the group also known as the 11th Hove. Interest grew and by the end of 1929 the numbers for the cub pack had risen to 20.
In 1930 Mr Sibley became Scout Master and Miss Bullen was made Akela.
In January 1936 it was officially announced that the Hove and Shoreham-by-Sea District was to split up into two seperate Local Associations.
After the split it was decided that the groups were to be re-numbered, this is when we got our name as the 3rd Hove (St Leonard’s) Scout Group.
On the 10th July 1937 the new Headquaters was officially opened by Brig.Gen. Godfrey Faussett.