Promise & Law
The important underlying values of Scouting are encompassed into the Beaver, Cub and Scout Promise and Law. Each member agrees to these values when they are invested. They should know and understand the promise and law or motto before they are invested.
The Scout Promise
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people
And to keep the Scout Law
The Scout Law
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
The Scout Motto