https://www.scouts.org.uk/volunteers/scouts-at-home/getting-everyone-back-together-safely/ Getting everyone back together safely
As from Tuesday, 17 March 2020.
all face-to-face Scout meetings, activities and events must be suspended until further notice.
We will let everyone know when the sections will be meeting again.
Stay Safe everyone.
Just a reminder that all subs for all sections are to be paid by 14th February please.
Where does it go? What does the fee pay for?
Fees help to pay for the running of the Group. This includes the cost of running and maintaining the Scout Hall, including payment of Rates, Electricity, Property Insurance etc.
Out of the Fees we also have to pay a Capitation Fee to the Scout Association. Capitation covers the cost of running the Scout Association and includes such things as Insurance, Leader Training etc.
The fees also cover badges, games equipment and any items we have to buy to run our weekly programme.
If you have any questions, please speak with one of the leaders.
The Scout Association has launched a new programme with new badges. There will be a transition period until September 2015
The key themes that are embedded in the programme are:
- Outdoor and Adventure should form 50% of the programme
- Programmes will be shaped by young people in partnership with adults
- There will be a focus on teamwork and leadership skills
- Individual personal development and individual challenges will be promoted
- Community focus will be a core theme
- Progression through the sections remains a key aspect
- All young people to strive and have the opportunity to achieve the top award for the section
Whilst the new programme is available from 30th January, there is a transition period until 30th September to enable people to complete badges they have already started and give us leaders time to adjust our programme planning.
.For more information, such as the new badge requirements and Chief Scout Award requirements please visit prepared.scouts.org.uk/